The purpose of any résumé is to make it easy for employers to appreciate your unique value, experience, and qualifications. If you are a stay-at-home parent or caregiver who is ready to apply for full or part-time work outside the home, it may seem as though you have nothing to present to a prospective employer. But, contrary to what you might think, you accomplish many different tasks daily that exemplify a great employee to hiring managers.
A few of the many essential qualifications achieved while managing a household full-time include advanced accounting, time management, logistics, crisis management, scheduling, customer service, negotiating, caregiving, teaching, and can often incorporate blogging/social media expertise.
Below is a very abbreviated sample of how you can incorporate these skills into your résumé’s experience section.
Household Manager | Any City, Any State | Dates
- Enthusiastically and responsibly oversee, motivate, and orchestrate the activities of a diverse household unit of (five), ensuring the best interests of the family.
- Craft and communicate adaptable procedures and policies, budgets, and assign tasks to meet the family’s overall short-term and long-term objectives.
- Plan and prepare household members’ daily agendas including meals, wardrobes, education/meetings, and transportation needs.
- Practice preventative management by regularly inventorying and replenishing food, clothing, supplies, and equipment.
- Ensure a safe and clean environment, rapidly respond to changes, and interview and hire outside contractors.
- Perform internet research to advance learning and plan for family meals, meetings, trips, and events.
Sincerely hope this information is of help to you and wishing you the best of luck!
Picture Source: Adobe Stock Photos